fredag 28 februari 2014

"By perseverance the snail reached the ark!"

 
It is now 16 months since I started my weight journey. Today I needed to get some inspiration again and I did set out to try some clothes and look up some old pictures. I dug out a picture I have taken but really hated to look at. I took it for documentation 2 December 2012. This was one month after I started my new course.

During these months when I have compared pictures I have enjoyed to see the progress but today I really feel bad about watching "the before". I do feel happy to see how far I have come though and it gives me inspiration to continue my course. Looking at the pictures I feel it is almost impossible to believe I have gotten this far in this short time really. When I looked ahead it seemed like it would be impossible to change anything or that it would take forever. Looking back it seems it is a short time. To see I have a figure again is incredible. 16 months and having come this far! I never believed it when I started.



I didn´t do anything revolutionary. I just have done the same thing every day, every week, every month. I never cheated myself or left my commitment. I simply have eaten healthy food without sugar, without any artificial fat, with low level of carbohydrates.

I could feel bad when I look back at the fact that I wasn´t able to control life to the extent that I ended up in being so overweight. However I know how my life has been and understand the reasons why. So I rather feel proud of myself that I in spite of all have been able to take hold of my life in this aspect and turn the development, and that I in fact have come to this point today. My journey is not over and I just keep on every day.




Today I made a really nice sallad with carrots, zucchini, avacado, tomatoes, a little cottage cheese and spiced it up. To make it festive and more fun I sliced the carrots and zucchini with a potato peeler to long thin strings. It felt great to look at and really good to eat. And I loved the fact that it was all vitamins and so healthy. Just study the nutrients of every ingredient you eat and make a healthy choice.





These months have made me so aware of foodstuffs and what is around me. I cannot help see all the unhealthy things around that we customary eat and than struggle with weight and health. And we really don´t need to live that way. We can make healthy choices. And we can look at it as a benefit and not as denying ourselves of something good. The fact is: It is not good with sugar, with fats. There is nothing to benefit from it. And I really know and see this every day, and also in the results that has given me.

I write about myself here because I really want to share my experience and inspire someone else as well since I know a lot of people struggle and maybe even don´t see there is a way of changing the course, or that it will be too hard or maybe even impossible. But I can tell everyone, it is not. It takes willpower, determination, perseverance, and the knowledge I don´t deny myself anything, but every day I rather reward and enrich myself through the most healthy lifestyle! It is not a diet, but a way of living that I gain from every day and at the same time loosing fat!




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar