lördag 16 november 2013

Breakfast - to me the most important start of the day!



To the left I am half the person I was in the picture to the right. To the left october 2013. To the right july 2012, three months before I set out on my weight reducing journey.

As I set out to change my diet and try to reduce my weight I felt that I wanted to make sure I had a good and healthy start of every day. I wanted to eat something that would give energy for a long time, that was good for my health and also had fibers that are important.  I was not sure at that point how I was going to make up the rest of my days.



Coming from Norway and living in Sweden there is one special porridge that is considered super healthy since old days to eat, and it is OATMEAL. And I really always avoided it. No matter how healthy I know it is I really didn´t like it, rather tasteless and it is one of only two things I was never able to eat as a child without feeling I wanted to vomit! So I rather ate bread as is so traditional in Norway.

However now I decided to "take the bull by the horns" and eat oatmeal as the start of my day. And the 25th of October I made my first plate of oatmeal. Since it is tasteless I put cinnamon on top as we always do with porridge in Norway and Sweden. And instead of sugar, which is common, or sweet jam, I put fruits like apples, kiwi or grapes to give it some taste. The blue grapes have more taste so I thought I would like those more than green one´s.

When setting out to eat my first oatmeal plate I was even a bit nervous, remembering my feelings from little. However I have to be honest, I rather found it the best oatmeal I ever had, and no problem eating it! So every morning since that day during the weeks I have started with a plate of oatmeal with cinnamon and fruits. And I would feel it is good for my health, I had energy that would last and not feeling hungry.

It is so super fast to make in the morning and it is cheap to buy the bags of oatmeal and you just add water and boil for a few minutes. So it is all just plus, plus, plus!

I felt I started my diet in the most healthy way. And I have been sticking to this every morning.






It is scientifically proved that oats have a lot of health benefits. I will list some of these that are found throughout years of studies and well documented. You can look for more information yourself. 
    Lower Cholesterol Levels
    Unique Oat Antioxidants Reduce Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
    Prevent Heart Failure with a Whole Grains Breakfast
    Significant Cardiovascular Benefits for Postmenopausal Women
    Enhance Immune Response to Infection
    Stabilize Blood Sugar
    Oats and Other Whole Grains Substantially Lower Type 2 Diabetes Risk
    Antioxidant Benefits
    Fiber from Whole Grains and Fruit Protective against Breast Cancer
    Cereal and Fruit Fiber Protective against Postmenopausal Breast Cancer
    Whole Grains and Fish Highly Protective against Childhood Asthma
    Health-Promoting Activity Equal to or Even Higher than that of Vegetables and Fruits
    Lignans Protect against Heart Disease
    A Well-tolerated Wheat Alternative for Children and Adults with Celiac Disease

    Oatmeal for breakfast for 13 months has been part of making this difference!
     







    www.ohemmabjorg.blogspot.se

    www.kidswithintegrity.com

    www.starkids.cc


    Inga kommentarer:

    Skicka en kommentar