fredag 14 februari 2014

Awareness of every little ingredient in my food has made the change!




My fridge the last 15 months contains these foodstuffs



For 15 months now I have lived extremely healthy! I have been eating mostly vegetables of all kinds and eliminating so many ingredients from my diet, like sugar, fats, also choosing foods low in carbohydrates to a great extent. In addition I have eaten meat and fish. I used to think that our society and diet was quite healthy actually before I started this weight journey and really studying everything I would eat and make. Now when I go into a store I really pay attention to every single thing I put in my grocery basket. Also when I make the food I think about every single ingredient. And over the 15 months since I started this change I have lost so much weight that my clothes are all too big. I have again packed away two bags that I cannot longer wear since I swim in those clothes now. When I started I could only wear clothes sizes 3 XXL that I had to buy specially on the internet. Now two weeks ago I could fit into a pair of pants size 48. And I am just doing the same thing every day. Eating healthy and not leaving this new way of eating one day or one hour of the day.





Since Christmas especially I have paid some special attention to what we are surrounded by in the store and even gas-stations or small corner stores since I was travelling a bit and could not make food at home every day as I usually do. And coming in to the gas station for instance I am just chocked these days by the images that meet me, just sugars and fats and unhealthy stuff. It is almost impossible to find something for me to eat. If I am lucky there will be some apples or bananas and some place maybe a salad. But the overwhelming sight of sugars and fats really chocks me these days. I am thinking, no wonder in our society we have these weight problems and it sneaks up on you.

Now I am aware every single day and the change over the last 15 months is incredible and unbelievable to me. Still it is a fact and it is just happening due to eating healthy, no surgeries or anything like this, just simply food!

These 15 months all these items have been non existing in my diet. 


What if I need to make a special treat?

These months I have avoided desserts and cakes of all kinds. However I have made it to serve to others a lot. And I even there try to think what can I make that is more healthy and less sugar, fats and carbohydrates. So yesterday I wanted to make a treat and I made a cake based on american pancakes, however with no sugar, no wheat flour. The ingredients instead only eggs and almond flour. Almond flour can be used in all receipts instead of wheat flour and by the same measurements. So look at the receipt here on the link to my foodblog.

Pancake dessert









http://ohemmabjorg.blogspot.se/2014/02/pancake-dessert-this-batch-will-make.html


















Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar