måndag 11 november 2013

The Effect of Changing my Diet over the last 12 months!


The 25:th october 2012, a little more than 12 months ago, I decided to try to do something about my weight. I really didn´t think it possible for many reasons and thought if I could it would take years and years to accomplish something.



Personally I don´t even like to talk about it or even draw attention to the appearance and looks of people. This is because I never valued others, nor myself, according to looks. I always felt I am the same person inside no matter how the outward appears to others. Still I came to a point one day I just decided to try to do something about one thing in life I was not happy with and that might be in my control to change.

Since the 1:st of October last year I have not tasted one drop of any kind of drink with sugar or alcohol, only water, tea, coffee. And since the 25:th October I have been on a diet that I myself just made up.

I did not have a scale so I never weighed myself when I started. So I can only guess how much I weighed when I started the diet. Anyways that date I just started and kept to it every day.  After three months I went out and bought a scale and weighed myself for the first time. Then I didn´t go on the scale again for five weeks.

The reason why I didn´t weigh myself was I was afraid it would feel like a very slow process and I would get discouraged, only seeing how much I weighed and how little I lost. So I rather wanted to see the progress in the form of comparing my pictures over time. Even trying on clothes and feel how they felt looser. And after a while I had to start altering them and sewing them smaller. I measured progress in trying on clothes in my closet that I knew I wore many years ago and had not been able to put on or close, and after some months these clothes started to fit.

When I weighed myself the second time sometime in the end of February I calculated how much I had lost on the average over those five weeks and tried to calculate how much I might have lost since October. And I am sure I over these 12 months have lost  70 kg and probably some more.




Prior to this I had found a hobby I really enjoyed and this was to try to make Vietnamese food. And I found that this is so healthy. It is even said in many places it is the most healthy kitchen in the world. And it is so good food even. Anyways what I did was I stopped eating pasta, rice, bread, nothing with wheat flour, nothing with sugar.  And I have eaten lots of eggs, vegetables, fruits, meat, fish, various kinds of peas and beans, every morning oatmeal with cinnamon and fruits.  I think by this time I have tried all vegetables in the stores I never tried before. And I am a customer in the Asien Markets in Stockholm and even Sollentuna.

I prepare the vegetables like is customary in Asia, to steam them. This makes a salad a hot meal and I add some soup or sauce without calories sometimes, or I wrap the salad in rice paper so it becomes springrolls and make the Nuoc Cham sauce for dipping if I bother to take the time and I have a feast.



In these 12 months I made a lot of other food for others, but I never once cheated on myself and my diet. So of all the food pictures I have posted I never ate the desserts or the cakes or anything that would not be on my diet.

It is still a long way for me before I have reached my goal where I want to be. Still I am very satisfied with myself and what I have done in these last eleven months and all just through eating all this incredibly healthy foods. And I want to even emphasize that I didn´t even eat unhealthy before since I was never a person that liked sugar and sweets much. But I did eat what is common for us, potatoes, pasta, rice, bread and normal things. I did drink wine.

The pictures I have put together is from over a period of a little more than one year. Still I didn´t start before October. So the diet is really only from 12 months. Why do I post this? I don´t like to do it to draw attention to weight or looks. But I still want to do it to show how it is really possible to make a big difference through just changing a small thing like the ingredients of each meal. And you don´t have to starve yourself, but eat a lot and good.

www.ohemmabjorg.blogspot.se

www.kidswithintegrity.com

www.starkids.cc

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar