torsdag 20 februari 2014

The Challenge of everyday healthy food alternatives!


 


These days i feel a bit of a challenge every day when it comes to the food. Maybe it is because it is winter and dark and the progress of loosing weight even feels slower. I don´t know. Still I just am determined to stick to my way since 16 months every day. I made a decision to not weigh myself often, but just do what I have set out to do every day, and not think about how long time it would take to get any results. So I am reminding myself about these things these days.

I can see the results through comparing pictures but also my empty wardrobe. I really don´t have much clothes that fits me since I have lost all this weight. I now and than go to a store and try on clothes to get inspiration, even though I don´t buy any. I have even tried on some of my Ghanaian outfits and I am very close to be able to put on one of my outfits that was costume made for me. I really cannot wait until the day it fits again.

These last months I have been using our ordinary vegetables and not searching for Asian recipts for a long time, since it is a bit harder to get the ingredients. However with some spices I can vary the ordinary to give it new tastes even. And this is what I have done with this dish with woked vegetables and pork chops, using Asian spices with our most common vegetables.


Woked vegetables with Pork Chops and gravy

Woked vegetables:
Broccoli
Cabbage
Carrot
Tomatoe
Cucumber
Sesame oil
Garlic
Spring onion
Salt
Pepper
Any spices according to your liking (I added some Asien spices with chili, lemongrass)

Pork chops:
Salt
Pepper
Sesame oil
Garlic

Gravy:
Water
Corn starch
Cube of beef broth
Salt
Pepper

Any spice according to your liking

Directions

For the woked vegetables:

Shred the vegetables in a shredder. Cut the broccoli in small bouquets and mix with the shredded vegetables. Pour a little sesame oil in the wokpan and add garlic and fry a little, than add the rest of the vegetables and wok. Add salt, pepper and spices to your liking before serving.



For the Pork Chops and the gravy:
Put some Sesame Oil in the frying pan and add some chopped garlic and fry a bit. Season the pork chops with spices (I chose some asian twist for this dish with the sesame oil) on both sides and fry on both sides. For the gravy: Add water to the frying pan with the pork chops and add the spices and cube of beef broth. Let it simmer with the pork chops inside. Take a few tablespoons of cornstarch and mix with a little water in a glass. Pour into the sauce in the frying pan while stiring and it will thicken the gravy. This way you will get a good tasting gravy with no fat or carbohydrates. 

It is ready to serve!

Nutritional facts:

















Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar