tisdag 26 november 2013

Losing weight in an incredibly healthy way!



This morning I weighed myself. It is five weeks since last time. I found I have dropped 5 kilos these last five weeks. And all I have done is just to continue my food journey as I have done the last 13 months. I will continue to share some healthy food explorations with you.

As I wrote I have discovered Napa cabbage, however not only that but cabbage in general. I had no idea before how valuable vegetables they really are. So I will share some more knowledge here.
Compared to potatoes, yam, cassava, rice or even pasta, which we commonly use to eat with for instance meat or fish of various kinds almost every day, these underestimated vegetables are full of nourishment! This year I have eaten cabbage almost every day as a substitute for potatoes, rice or pasta that is more normal in my culture. And I have dropped weight incredibly, however also gained so much healthy benefits through the nutrients. There is no need for vitamin pills if we combine the natural foods we can get from nature. And I have been able to just eat and feel full.

The gain is really incredible. Cabbage has almost no carbohydrates. That was the first I looked for. But when looking for this I found that Cabbage of various sorts are full of so many vitamins.

Red cabbage for instance is full of A and C vitamins. It even has Calcium, Iron and B-6 vitamins. 


Even green cabbage has a lot of vitamins compared to potatoes, rice and pasta.



I have also eaten a lot of Carrots, both with meals and just as snacks when I feel hungry and want to munch on something. Carrots have incredibly amounts of vitamins A for instance.


I have also eaten a lot of Cauliflower and Broccoli. Both these have a lot of vitamins as well and very low on carbohydrates. So I have eaten this almost every day as well. To go with it I have had fish, chicken, meat of all sorts, turkey, shrimps, or just a vegetable dish.




One day after about ten months I for the first time thought about the fact that I longed for lasagna. However, I have removed pasta during this time totally. So I was trying to think how I could make lasagna without pasta platters for lasagna layers. I made up my own receipt for a yummy Lasagna, using red cabbage as layers.



Go to my foodblog for the reciept!
My daughter calls this lasagna a health bomb! And it really is!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar