lördag 30 november 2013

Avoiding fat!




Fat in food and cooking oils





Cooking oils!
Since I changed the ingredients of my diet last October I have omitted some things totally from my food. One of these things is butter and fats. I have not eaten cheese or cream or any bakery´s or anything with any fat or butter in. I never use butter to fry or make any kind of food I would eat. Also I have almost not used cooking oil at all. If ever I have used it for woking or frying I have only used sunflower oil, sesame oil or olive oil, however very, very little, since any oil is fat!



However there are great differences in various types of oils. Before October last year I used to buy the cheapest oils because of my financial situation. And I realized when starting to study cooking oils that I because of this also used oils that was not the best oils.




Still when I decided to make a change I simply tried to remove certain ingredients totally from my diet instead of replacing them with low fat or less sugar and so on. I simply decided, no fats, no sugar. And this I have stuck to. So I have also avoided foods that are half fabricated totally as well. Even though I have always made food from scratch, but this year I have totally stuck to this without exception. I simply wanted to know exactly what I digested, to be in as much control as possible and to see if I could get a result.




However when it comes to fats that are naturally in meat or fish for instance, I have eaten those without any restraints. I have tried to keep to meat that is as low as possible in fats, like turkey and chicken mostly. But I have eaten other as well as ground beef. Also fruits of all kinds and then also sugars that are naturally in fruits I have eaten. 

Here is one dish I made a lot and just fried in a little olive oil.

Ukrainian Vegetable Burgers



I have searched a lot on the internet myself to find out about cooking oils and I give some links here where you can find very good descriptions of various kinds of oils and on one site called Miss Vickie I found some links with a lot of information.



All about Cooking Oils
While all oils are pure fat, not all fats are created equal. Saturated and trans-fatty acids seem to be the culprits if you have health concerns.  Margarine or Trans Fat Partially hydrogenated vegetable oils contain TRANS-fatty acids. Read your food labels, if it says, "partially hydrogenated," try to avoid them. They are present in all commercially made doughnuts, crackers, cookies, pastries, deep-fat fried foods (including those from all major "fast-food" chains), potato and corn chips, imitation cheeses, and confectionery fats found in frosting and candies. All of them have unsaturated fats which can be damaged at high temperature and converted to a trans-fat. Look for fats labeled super-unsaturated (like flax seed) or monounsaturated (like olive and canola oil).  Polyunsaturated oils are also healthy choices.

All about cooking oils

Types of cooking fats and oils

The best cooking oils for your health

Good fats and bad fats

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar